Want to know How to Connect Xbox Controller to Steam? Read further.
Xbox One is one of the most sold consoles from Microsoft and it is a next-gen controller that allows the gamers to have a much better experience while playing games on it.
Microsoft also launched the updated version of Xbox One i.e. Xbox One S with better specifications and also support for 4K and HDR.
The best part about these consoles is the controllers and how they easily allow you to play video games. Did you know that you can actually use an Xbox One controller to play games on your Windows PC?
The whole process of Xbox One setup and syncing Xbox one controller on PC to play games on Steam is very easy. In fact, you can use it for any game that supports a gamepad.
Recently, Steam updated the client to officially support controllers. You can now officially use Xbox One or even a Sony PlayStation controller on Steam games.
Of course, the support was available already but it wasn’t supported by Steam on the core. These controllers interacted directly with the game and it totally depended on the game whether they support a controller or not.
This means, syncing Xbox one controller is now very easy. With this new update, the controller has now become compatible with all games you have on Steam.
- What do you need to connect Xbox One Controller to Steam?
- How to Setup Xbox One Controller on PC (Windows)?
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC via USB Cable?
- How to Connect Your Xbox Controller to PC With Bluetooth?
- Can I use Xbox One Controller on steam?
- How to use Xbox controller on steam via Linux?
- Steps to use Xbox One Controller on Steam on Mac
- How to Play Steam games with an Xbox Controller?
- How to Reconnect Your Xbox Controller to Your Console?
- Can you use Xbox controller for PC?
- Conclusion: How to Connect Xbox Controller to Steam?
What do you need to connect Xbox One Controller to Steam?
- Xbox One controller
- USB cable for wired controller gaming
- Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter for wireless gaming
- The latest version of Steam
- Xbox One Driver – 32-bit
- Xbox One Driver – 64-bit
How to Setup Xbox One Controller on PC (Windows)?
Here are the steps to set up the Xbox One Controller on PC:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Steam installed on your PC. Keep the Steam client updated and move on to the next steps.
- Connect your Xbox One controller to your PC and you will notice that the PC will start looking for drivers.
- If you have problems with installing the drivers automatically or if the Xbox controller won’t connect to PC, then just use the download links provided above and you will be able to install them manually.
- Install the 32-bit drivers if you have a 32-bit system and 64-bit if you have a 64-bit system.
- Start up Steam and you will have a proper working controller that will work with all the games now.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC via USB Cable?
Connect your Xbox controller and PC with a micro-USB cable (or USB-C for Series S|X controllers). Plug the small end into your Xbox One controller and the other end into a port on your computer.
If it does not turn on, press the Xbox button.
How to Connect Your Xbox Controller to PC With Bluetooth?
The Xbox controller can be paired with your PC or console over Bluetooth. Here is how to do it:
- Hold down the Guide button until it flashes. This means that the controller is in pairing mode
- Hold the Pairing button on the controller for three seconds if you are connecting it to a console or Windows 10 PC (no need for a Bluetooth USB dongle).
- Make sure that your PC has Bluetooth if you want to connect it that way–you’ll just have to go through some menus first.
Can I use Xbox One Controller on steam?
A recent update to Steam has made it easier for gamers to use Xbox controllers.
People who have the Xbox Elite controller can now use Valve’s software to bind the accessory’s rear paddles in controller configurations.
How to use Xbox controller on steam via Linux?
Believe it or not but Linux has been growing up to be a very feasible platform for gaming. Valve, the parent company of Steam has been testing things out with SteamOS which is a Linux based OS specially for Steam games.
Linux also has native support for Xbox Controller which makes it quite unique because this is something that is only found in Windows OS. Just plug in your Xbox One controller on a Linux system and you’re all set to game.
Steps to use Xbox One Controller on Steam on Mac
Mac is where things get a little bit tricky as there is no plug-and-play support for the Xbox One controller.
You need to download a driver compiled by FranticRain. You can find the latest drivers at this link.
After the install, the Xbox One controller will be detected by Steam inside the games. If you’re facing some sort of issue, just Enjoyable which is freeware and it lets you map keys of your controller easily.
You can use these gamepads in games that require much better control than a keyboard and a mouse can provide. Racing games are one such genre where you can use a controller to properly control things like acceleration, brakes, and more.
Xbox One controllers are known for being easy to use and the fact that they’re manufactured by the same company that develops Windows is the reason why the Xbox Controller is readily supported on Windows and hence Steam.
How to Play Steam games with an Xbox Controller?
Watch this video to know how to play steam games using Xbox controller:
How to Reconnect Your Xbox Controller to Your Console?
If your Xbox controller is already paired to your console, you can turn it on by pressing the Xbox button. But if you need to pair it wirelessly, you will have to use one of the methods listed above.
You should turn off or shut down and unplug your Xbox when you are done so that it doesn’t process any commands from another device.
Can you use Xbox controller for PC?
Many PC games allow you to play without using a keyboard or mouse by using an Xbox Wireless Controller. Use a USB cord, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, or Bluetooth to connect your controller to a Windows device.
Can I use Xbox controller on steam?
For gamers who use Xbox controllers, a recent beta update for Steam included additional features. It can now be turned on or off at any time, or just when numerous controllers are connected.
Conclusion: How to Connect Xbox Controller to Steam?
So, here it is! You know now how to pair xbox controller to steam?
This was our complete guide on How to connect the Xbox controller to steam by various methods and on various devices.
If you have any more questions to ask, feel free to comment below.