Our list of the 10 best wedding websites will ensure your guests know what your plans are for your big day!
Keeping your guests updated on your wedding plans is easy with a wedding website.
Our favorite ways to build one are outlined below, along with pros and cons of each.
As soon as you know what each website is best for, it should be much easier to decide which website is best for you and your wedding.
Why Have a Wedding Website?
Do you wonder whether a wedding website is really necessary? You never must do anything that isn’t in your and your partner’s best interest.
Websites are a great way to keep guests informed of events if you’re considering one for your nuptials.
There are many sites nowadays that let you build in things such as guest lists (so you can manage RSVPs), gift lists (or preferences in the absence of a list), and accommodation recommendations for your guests.
Many wedding websites also provide personalized emails. This is great if you’re managing most of your big day yourself, since you won’t have to check your regular email for wedding-related correspondence.
Free Best Wedding Websites
Free wedding websites are the perfect way to save money for other things.
Despite being free, these programs don’t sacrifice quality – all of them offer great results and include everything you’ll need to communicate with your guests.
We don’t want to sound too cocky, but we think Hitched’s wedding website maker is pretty great. And it’s free!
You can expect the following when using Hitched’s wedding website builder:
- In addition to allergies, song recommendations, and accommodation and transport information, you can easily create surveys with ease
- Many stylish designs are available for you to choose from
- If you would like to upgrade, you can purchase a premium design pack
- A blog is a great way to keep track of your wedding planning and give your guests wedding updates
- If you need to keep messages for the wedding party private, you have the option of making them private while you work on them or setting up password-protected pages.
- Oh, and you can customize your own URL, too…
2. With Joy
We like With Joy the best (okay, joint favorite with our own) out of all the free wedding websites. Their premium service is completely free of charge, and their templates are fully customizable.
Among our highlights were:
- We offer beautiful designs that can be customized with your own colours, fonts, and photos
- Track your guests’ RSVPs online with digital RSVPs
- You should introduce each member of the wedding party so that everyone knows who they are
- Your guests will have access to an app
- You can keep everyone’s phone snaps in an area where guests can upload pictures
The website building functionality of Wix is more commonly known, but their wedding templates are also really pretty. The freedom to mix and match elements makes this an ideal choice for creative couples who want to create their own website.
Here are some of the features we like best about Wix wedding websites:
- Guests can upload their own stories, allowing them to learn a little bit about how they met
- You can include images from engagement shoots, perfect for showing off your work
- Page for contacting us
- There are sections where you can link your gift list
- Details on today’s order
Zankyou offers the perfect combination of beautiful wedding websites that are easy to use and feature modern design options. Here are some other things we like about Zankyou as well if that sounds appealing to you and your spouse:
- A few hotel recommendations
- Keeping everyone up to date with maps and running orders of the day
- Uploading videos
- Playlist co-ordination which guests can add to for the big day
- Personalised domain name
5. Square Space
Like Wix, Squarespace is not primarily an organization for wedding websites, but you can use their templates to create your own.
Here are some of our favorite elements from their websites if you’re interested in a slightly more DIY experience:
- You can scroll through pictures and information to see the timeline of your love story
- Templates for gallery presentations
- RSVP functionality, so that guests may directly reply to your email
- Owning a domain name is possible
- A responsive design that makes your website look great on mobile devices, tablets, and desktop computers
Best Wedding Websites- Paid
You might want to consider investing a little bit in a wedding website if you want elements above and beyond the basics.
If you’ve chosen a strong theme, wedding websites with fees usually have more features and options. These are some of our favorite wedding websites with fees.
6. Gettin’ Hitched
Each website is customized and personalised by their in-house designers. You pay £135 to set up a site with them, but you get what you pay for.
We love getting hitched for the following reasons:
- Gettin’ Hitched focuses on design, and each website is not only beautiful but sleek, stylish, and easy to navigate
- They have a wide variety of designs to choose from, and you can filter results by theme, including rustic, festival, and floral
- They offer a variety of ready-made templates, but you can also request a bespoke design from their team
- Our prices include two rounds of tweaks and amendments to ensure that you absolutely love your website
- Our stationery can be matched to your website – from save-the-dates to invitations
- Add a countdown to the wedding day, maps, and lots of fun features to your website
7. Appy Couple
Appy Couple is a whole new kind of American site, with integrated design across the web and in print. Additionally, it offers a variety of extras for a one-time fee of around $22. Our favorite features include:
- Printed stationery that can be ordered from a partner
- The countdown to your big day
- When your wedding is taking place, you can stream your wedding guests’ photos in real time from your website
- They provide support around the clock
- Website and app templates
If you are having trouble deciding between a free and paid service, try Minted – they offer both, with clear and clear comparisons of what is included in each.
If you’re at the beginning of your wedding planning journey, they also sell invites and party decorations, so they are a great place to start.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Independently created designs
- Invitations, day-of stationery, and website themes can all match
- Importing the guest list
- Privacy setting on a website
- Your key players’ introduction page for the wedding party
9. Wedding Woo
The paid-for service from Wedding Woo starts at around £38 a year. You’ll love this wedding website if you’re looking for one with music – we love the integration of SoundCloud.
The strength of their design is its simplicity that is easy to populate – which makes the whole process rather straightforward.
Wedding Woo has some of the following features that we really like:
- Location and directions to the venue
- Images in this gallery
- Addition of widgets such as SoundCloud for playing soundtracks
- Timeline of the wedding day
- The link to the gift registry is out
10. Riley & Grey
With prices starting at £186 for a year, Riley & Grey is most definitely a luxury brand.
For that, however, you’ll get round-the-clock support and a choice of beautiful design options – in addition to many other features. Our favorite feature of Riley & Grey:
- Before paying to launch your site, design it for free and then decide if it’s worth it
- Even after publishing, you can make changes to your website’s design
- The templates are limited edition, so you know not everyone will have them
- Send invitations easily by collecting addresses
- Creating your own domain name
Thus, this was the round up of the best websites for wedding themes. Do let us know which one suits your needs.