Out of 10
- Taught by expert instructors.
- Awesome customer success team
- Influential open source projects
- Course updates are absolutely free
- Expert-level certifications
- Focuses on Linux systems and environment, which means you don't learn about other types of systems
- The free courses are not very detailed and only give you basic information.
I’m excited to share my personal experience in this Linux Foundation training review. I embarked on their training programs, uncovering a world of valuable insights.
The courses, designed for various skill levels, proved comprehensive and engaging, covering fundamental concepts to advanced techniques. Interactive elements like practical exercises and expert-led instruction enhanced the learning experience.
Linux Foundation offerings encompassed various topics, catering to beginners and seasoned professionals. The comprehensive content was structured to make learning engaging and effective. From fundamental concepts to advanced techniques, the courses provided a well-rounded education.
Ultimately, the Linux Foundation’s training provided a rich educational journey, equipping me with practical skills and positioning the foundation as a hub of expertise in the tech realm. So, let’s start with each point. But first, let’s understand what the Linux Foundation is.
- What is the Linux Foundation?
- Linux Foundation Pros & Cons
- Linux Foundation Projects:💁🏻♀️
- Training At Linux Foundation👩🏻💻
- Linux Foundation Technologies
- Linux Foundation Training Review: Who Should Take Linux Foundation Courses?
- Linux Foundation Free courses🤑
- Linux Foundation offers Courses 📚
- Linux Foundation Courses And Pricing:
- Linux Foundation vs Linux Academy
- Conclusion💭: Is Linux Foundation Training Worth It?
What is the Linux Foundation?
The Linux Foundation is a non-profit organization that works with the world’s top developers and businesses to create ecosystems that promote open technology development and industry adoption.
To solve problems, the company has collaborated with the world’s best open-source community to make history’s most significant shared technology investment.
The company was founded in 2000 and has reached new heights every day. The Linux Foundation provides tools, training, and events to help you scale any open-source project and make an economically brilliant impact.
Fun Facts: Over 50% of the world’s Global 2000 software and telecom enterprises are affiliated with the Linux Foundation and actively participate in its projects.
I recently enrolled in several courses offered by the Linux Foundation. Presented here are my findings.
See the entire line of Linux Foundation courses here.
Linux Foundation Pros & Cons
- The Linux Foundation has been instrumental in promoting standardized technology widely adopted across multiple platforms.
- The Linux Foundation has created a thriving community of developers, businesses, and users who are all committed to advancing the use of open-source technology.
- The Linux Foundation provides a range of education and training opportunities that aim to enhance the skills and knowledge of developers, IT professionals, and businesses.
- The Linux Foundation advocates for the use of open-source software and works to educate lawmakers and other stakeholders on the value and importance of open-source technology.
- While the Linux Foundation has successfully promoted the adoption of Linux and open-source software, it has had limited impact on other technology areas.
Linux Foundation Projects:💁🏻♀️
Linux Foundation hosts several business projects and provides advanced Linux training.
You can host or start a project with them as a company.
You can create a Linux Foundation with as few or as many web development as you want.
The firm works on various community, community + funding, and umbrella projects.
Training At Linux Foundation👩🏻💻
The Linux Foundation is always available to assist companies and businesses in learning how to use open-source software to create new opportunities, products, and experiences.
With a wide range of Linux courses, you can find a solution to any need or budget.
With a variety of training methods, Linux has been very successful in making Open Source Training simple. Among them are the following:
Online Self-Paced Course
This course has paid and free payment options, making it a cost-effective way to learn valuable skills.
Not only that, but it also provides unparalleled flexibility in that you can learn at your own pace, as they understand that a person involved in the business has a lot of other things to do, and you can learn from anywhere in the world.
Public Instructor-Led Classes
Instructor-led courses have established themselves as the gold standard in open-source training programs.
So, this is in-depth training with a live instructor who can easily explain complex topics or areas where you have doubts and specific questions to ensure you can immediately apply your new knowledge in your desired field.
Custom Corporate Classes
No matter what you’re looking for – whether it’s a single course to get your team up to speed or an ongoing training program for your entire company – trust Linux Foundation to get the job done.
Contact the team as soon as possible; they are eager to assist you and teach you more about their customized corporate training options best suited to your company’s needs and requirements.
Linux Foundation Technologies
Discover Over 30 Leading Technologies with Linux Foundation Courses. Expand your enterprise development expertise with Linux Foundation’s comprehensive course offerings.
Explore cutting-edge technologies, including AI, 5G, Azure, and popular tools like Kubernetes, Docker, and DevOps. From Linux to Serverless and beyond, we have you covered. Join the community of innovators and elevate your skills with the Linux Foundation.
|Edge Computing||EdgeX Foundry||Embedded Linux|
If it relates to Linux and people use it in enterprise development, the Linux Foundation probably offers it.
Linux Foundation Training Review: Who Should Take Linux Foundation Courses?
The Linux Foundation, a nonprofit organization, is dedicated to fostering the growth of open-source projects and promoting the adoption of Linux and other open-source technologies. It provides various resources, initiatives, and support to individuals and organizations across different sectors. Here are some groups of people who can take advantage of the Linux Foundation:
- Software Developers: Linux is the foundation of many operating systems and software applications. Developers can benefit from the Linux Foundation’s training courses, certification exam, and collaborative platforms to enhance their Linux skills, gain expertise in open-source development, and contribute to the community.
- System Administrators: Linux is widely used in server environments, making it essential for system administrators. The Linux Foundation offers courses and certification exam, that cover necessary administration skills, such as managing Linux servers, network services, security, and virtualization technologies.
- Students and Educators: The Linux Foundation provides educational resources, scholarships, and mentorship programs to help students and educators incorporate open-source technologies into their curriculum. It offers training courses, online tutorials, and learning materials that can aid in understanding Linux and other open-source tools.
- Enterprises and Organizations: The Linux Foundation assists enterprises in adopting and leveraging open-source technologies. It provides collaborative platforms, technical support, and guidance on open-source best practices. Companies can join the Linux Foundation’s projects, benefit from its networking opportunities, and access resources to accelerate their digital transformation.
- Startups and Entrepreneurs: Startups and entrepreneurs can leverage the resources to build their products and services using open-source technologies. They can participate in projects, collaborate with industry experts, and gain visibility by leveraging the Linux Foundation’s platform.
- Researchers and Innovators: The Linux Foundation encourages collaboration and innovation in various areas, such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, blockchain, and networking. Researchers and innovators can benefit from the Linux Foundation’s projects, conferences, and open-source communities to exchange ideas, access cutting-edge technologies, and contribute to advancements in their respective fields.
- Aspiring cloud engineers: People who want to become cloud engineers: The Linux Foundation’s Cloud Engineer Bootcamp is a way for people who want to learn in a bootcamp-style setting. This program speeds up the learning process and covers all the basic ideas you need to know to start working as a cloud worker. The Linux Foundation also has an Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamp for people already working there.
- Technology Enthusiasts: Linux enthusiasts and hobbyists can explore the Linux Foundation’s vast ecosystem, gain knowledge through courses, forums, and events, and actively contribute to open-source projects. They can engage with like-minded individuals, participate in community-driven initiatives, and expand their Linux and related technologies expertise.
Linux Foundation Free courses🤑
The platform has a range of free Linux foundation courses you can enroll in and use their features. Some of them are:
1. Inclusive Speaker Orientation
The Linux Foundation course is intended to provide all of the necessary background knowledge and practical skills to promote inclusivity in presentations, messaging, and other modes of communication.
2. Compliance Basics for Developers
If you are a software developer or producer, this course is for you because it will teach you why it is essential to add copyrights and licenses to your code and how to do so.
3. Blockchain: Its Uses and Implications
In this course, you will learn about Blockchain, its impact, and its potential to change the world, as well as analyze its applications in technology, business, enterprise products, and various institutions.
4. Introduction to Open Source Networking Technologies
If you want to incorporate SDN, NFV, disaggregation, orchestration, network automation, and modern networking into your workflow to improve efficiency and productivity, this course is for you. It will teach you the fundamentals of all of these technologies. You will also learn about the use cases and technical options for open networking.
5. Introduction to Apache Hadoop
With this overview of Apache Hadoop, you can unleash the power of big data while also gaining hands-on experience setting up your own Hadoop instance.
Linux Foundation offers Courses 📚
The Linux Foundation offers various Linux foundation courses covering various aspects of open-source technologies and Linux. In addition to their well-known Linux-related courses, they also provide training on other popular open-source software and technologies. Here are some of the other courses offered by the Linux Foundation:
- Kubernetes Fundamentals: This Linux foundation course comprehensively introduces Kubernetes, an open-source container orchestration platform. It covers Kubernetes’ core concepts, architecture, components, and hands-on exercises for deploying and managing applications.
- OpenStack Administration Fundamentals: OpenStack is an open-source cloud computing platform. This course covers the basics of OpenStack, including its architecture, components, and administration tasks. It also focuses on hands-on labs to gain practical experience managing an OpenStack environment.
- Cloud Foundry for Developers: Cloud Foundry is an open-source cloud application platform. This course is designed for developers and covers the fundamentals of Cloud Foundry, including how to deploy, manage, and scale applications using the platform. It also provides hands-on exercises for application development and deployment.
- Hyperledger Fabric Administration: Hyperledger Fabric is an open-source blockchain framework. This Linux foundation course focuses on administering and operating Hyperledger Fabric networks. It covers network setup, channel creation, chaincode management, and troubleshooting.
- Blockchain for Business: This course introduces blockchain technology and its applications in the business world. It covers topics like smart contracts, decentralized applications, and blockchain security.
These are just a few examples of the courses offered by the Linux Foundation. They continuously update their course catalog, so visiting their website for the latest offerings and details on each course’s curriculum and prerequisites is recommended.
Linux Foundation Courses And Pricing:
There are many courses to choose from in the Linux Foundation training. To learn more about Linux pricing & courses, click here to get to know.
The Linux Foundation prices each course, certification, and Linux Foundation Bootcamp separately, without providing yearly or monthly memberships. The costs vary, starting from free and going up to more than $3,200 for live courses like Linux Security (LFS416).
Most courses and certifications I encountered were priced around $300-$400. Additionally, they offer numerous free courses primarily aimed at beginners. For general inquiries, you can contact us through this email address: [email protected]
You may also like to read:
Linux Foundation vs Linux Academy
The Linux Foundation and the Linux Academy both offer training in Linux, but they do so in different ways and with different features.
In the first place, the Linux Foundation does more than just training, while the Linux Academy’s main job is to offer classes.
Second, the two have different ways of setting prices. The Linux Foundation charges different amounts for each of its courses and certifications. The Linux Academy, on the other hand, has membership plans for months and years and a free tier with some restrictions.
Third, the Linux Academy has a more modern user interface and feels like a startup, while the Linux Foundation has a more traditional look and program.
The Linux Academy also has a lot of different classes, and one of the best things about all of them is that they use interactive cloud environments. This is one way the Linux Academy is better than other places for learning by doing.
Many people, though, trust the Linux Foundation more when it comes to control and openness. Many large tech companies hold it in high respect, which makes them work hard to keep their curricula up to date.
In the business world, Linux Foundation training and certifications are more valuable than those from Linux Academy. The tests and certifications are also overseen and given by the Linux Foundation, which makes the certification process more centralized and smooth.
Even with these benefits, the Linux Foundation is often seen as more focused on academia than its rivals.
If you like learning in a set setting while interacting with others, Linux Academy might be better for you than Linux Foundation courses. However, if you want a thorough and reliable licensing process, it’s best to stick with the Linux Foundation the whole way through.
Conclusion💭: Is Linux Foundation Training Worth It?
Since the Linux Foundation is the home of Linux and other major open-source technologies, this is the only company that is as close to their quality. The quality of their course content reflects this.
The only thing the company sells is training. That is why they are not promoting any specific product or service that would result in vendor lock-in so that you can relax.
Unlike many other training providers, Linux keeps its courses updated with the most recent versions of the software you’re learning about, and course updates are free.
The latest technologies provided by the Linux Foundation assist in staying on the cutting edge. They host the fastest-growing and most influential open-source projects and are the first to release courses in these fields.
Furthermore, the courses at the Linux Foundation are curated and taught by expert instructors who are some of the top open-source developers and practitioners.
The Linux courses are developed with feedback from a large community of open-source practitioners and businesses, which aids in keeping the courses current with the needs of the business environment.
All of these features and benefits, taken together, are more than enough to persuade you of the advantages of learning at the Linux Foundation.
This thoroughly examined the Linux Foundation’s courses and training programs. Join now and enjoy the benefits of membership.
What is the Linux Foundation?
The Linux Foundation, a non-profit tech consortium established in 2000, aims to promote, standardize, and support Linux. It provides a neutral home for Linux kernel development, safeguarding and enhancing it for creators like Linus Torvalds and Greg Kroah-Hartman. Over 50% of Global 2000 software and telecom firms are affiliated with the foundation. To achieve its mission, the foundation offers various Linux courses and training.
Is Linux certification worth it?
It depends on whether your employer sees its value. Different companies weigh it differently. Some might require it for server work, while others care more about your hands-on Linux skills than formal certification. To decide if a Linux certification matters, check your job market and look into local employers.
How hard is the Linux Foundation certification exam?
The short answer is yes; The certification exam is quite challenging. You get two hours for 24 questions, about 5 minutes for each. It can be not easy if you don’t know the proper settings.
What does the Linux Foundation do?
The Linux Foundation uses the combined resources of its members and the open-source development community to promote, protect, and improve Linux. This group effort is meant to keep Linux free and help it get better at technology.