NordVPN is a popular VPN service that encrypts your internet traffic and masks your IP address. It’s used by people all over the world to improve their online privacy and security. However, there are some countries where NordVPN is not available.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the reasons why that is and which countries are affected. Let us have a look at the NordVPN restricted countries.
List of NordVPN Restricted Countries
- China – One of the most notable places where NordVPN is not available is China. This is because the Chinese government has cracked down on VPNs in recent years and they are now illegal to use in the country. If you try to connect to a VPN server in China, you will likely get an error message.
- Russia – Another country where NordVPN is not available in Russia. This is due to new laws that were passed in 2019 banning the use of VPNs within the country. If you try to connect to a VPN server in Russia, you will also likely get an error message.
- Turkey – Turkey is another country where NordVPN is not available. This is because the Turkish government has also banned VPNs within the country. If you try to connect to a VPN server in Turkey, you will again likely get an error message.
- UAE – The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has also banned VPNs within its borders. So if you’re trying to use NordVPN in Dubai or any other part of the UAE, you will need to find another solution as NordVPN will not work there.
- Iraq- NordVPN is not available in Iraq due to widespread internet censorship by the Iraqi government. If you try to use NordVPN in Iraq, you will get an error message saying that the service is not available. This is because the Iranqan government has a ban on all VPNs.
- Vietnam- NordVPN can be used in Vietnam, but only with a special server located in Ho Chi Minh City. This server is subject to Vietnamese law, which means that your data could be accessed by the Vietnamese government if they so choose. For most people, it’s best to avoid using a VPN in Vietnam altogether.
If you try to use NordVPN in one of these countries, you will likely experience connection issues.
This is because NordVPN uses servers in other countries to bypass internet censorship and restrictions. However, in countries where VPNs are heavily censored, such as China, it is very difficult for VPN providers to operate. As a result, many VPN providers, including NordVPN, do not work in China.
If you are planning on traveling to China or any of the other restricted countries, we recommend that you use a different VPN provider. For example, ExpressVPN and VyprVPN are two VPN providers that work well in China. Alternatively, you can also use a proxy server or a TOR browser to access blocked websites and services.
NordVPN is a great option for users who are looking for a VPN provider with a wide range of features. However, there are some restrictions on which countries NordVPN can be used in. Users in restricted countries can still access NordVPN’s servers by using a different IP address or by using another VPN provider.