Search engine rankings are important for any business.
It’s hard to rank well in search engines, and it takes a lot of time and money.
Luckily there are tools that can help you get better results without all the hassle. These 5 tools will make your life easier and give you more time to focus on what matters most – growing your business!
SEMrush is a complete toolset for search engine optimization and keyword research. It also has a “Spy” feature that allows you to see how your competitors are doing in the SERPs and where they’re getting their traffic from.
This is one of the most complete SEO tools out there. It’s a little expensive, but it’s worth every penny. I use SEMrush almost every day and wouldn’t want to miss it!
Pros and Cons of SEMRush:
• Huge number of features! There’s enough to keep you busy for a month, and then some.
• Lots of info on SERP CTRs – know whether your ad is the first one shown or not. This can save you a lot of money!
• Great keyword research tool that allows you to compete with your competitors on all levels using their keywords.
• A lot of verbiage from the “About” section has some great insights – like why you should use “not provided”.
• The user interface isn’t always easy to navigate, but it’s getting better with every update.
SurferSEO is a tool that appears on the surface to be similar to SEMRush, but there’s one important difference: It shows you how your competitors are ranking. In other words, it allows you as a marketer to know exactly which keywords they’re using and what content they have online that will allow them to rank higher than you.
SurferSEO shows you how many backlinks they’ve got, the anchor text they’re using and other important information that will make your keyword strategy much more effective.
Pros and Cons of SurferSEO:
• Shows you the competition for each keyword and allows you to know in advance which ones will work.
SurferSEO is a great tool that allows anybody, even somebody who knows very little about SEO, to improve their search engine rankings. It’s a simple way to see what the other guy is doing and emulate their strategy.
SurferSEO also allows you to see what keywords your competitors are ranking for, but it’s the backlink info that makes Surfer SEO worth its price. It’ll show you which sites they’re getting backlinks from and how many they have for each keyword – very helpful!
• The interface is not as intuitive and user-friendly as SEMRush, but it’s getting better with every update.
SpyFu shows you which keywords your competitors are ranking for and how they’re doing it. It also shows you what tactics they’re using to get rankings in different search engines – backlinks, social media, reviews, etc.
SpyFu is another great tool that I use to see what my competitors are doing in the search engines and emulate their success. It’s like being able to eavesdrop on your competitor’s phone conversation – you can hear everything they’re talking about and then steal their strategy for yourself!
Pros and Cons of SpyFu:
• Another great tool for keyword research. The entire site is built to the point of helping you understand what people are searching for, how much they’re willing to pay for it and the full analytics behind it.
• SpyFu lets you see what sites your competitors are getting backlinks from and how many they have for their business with each keyword.
• SpyFu also allows you to track the amount of traffic the competition is getting for each keyword, allowing you to see which ones are working better than others.
• It’s FREE for the first 30 days! Use the SpyFu coupons to get a free trial.
• After your free trial, you have to pay for the service.
• The site is not easy to navigate and sometimes takes a little too long to get the results it’s looking for. A simple fix would be improving the user interface and making it more clear what users are doing when they click on each feature.
Frase is a great tool to use for determining how specific phrases and words can rank in the search engines. It’s a fast way to get an idea of what you should do to improve your rankings, especially if it’s a brand new website that needs help getting on the first page of Google.
Frase shows you which keywords are getting you the most traffic and engagement, based on what your users are searching. It’s a great way to finish an entire blog article and have Frase show you immediately what the audience wants to read.
• It’s FREE for everybody!
Pros and Cons of Frase:
- Frase is a great tool for beginner marketers to use because it’s very user-friendly and gives you the results that you’re looking for in a matter of seconds
• Frases keyword research takes a little longer than most of the other tools mentioned in this article.
• You only get 100 free searches a month during your trial period, which can be very limiting if you’re not paying for the tool.
Yoast is one of the best SEO tools out there today, but it’s not for everybody. It can be a little confusing to learn how to use and understand if you don’t know what you’re doing when it comes to optimizing your site’s search engine performance.
Yoast is very in-depth and has so many features that help optimize your website, it can feel like you’re fighting with it just to make a few changes. I’ve also had issues with some of the data Yoast provides being inaccurate, or not giving me what I want when I look for something specific.
Yoast is very user-friendly and helps boost search engine rankings by optimizing your keywords based on where they are in your title, content and meta tags.
The tools mentioned in this article are great for marketers looking to improve their search engine rankings and drive more traffic. SEMRush is a powerful tool that allows you to see all of the keywords your competitors are getting backlinks from, as well as how many they have with each keyword.
If you’re not sure what SEO techniques will work best for your site, Frase can help by showing which phrases people want based on what’s driving them towards your website right now.
Yoast is another favorite because it helps optimize websites for Google while increasing domain name quality with relevant keywords.
All of these tools offer something different than any marketer should consider when trying to increase online visibility and attract new customers!
Which one did we miss? Let us know below